Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Party Planning

My birthday is coming up. I've always been one of those brats that likes my birthday to be 'special'. Since it's a big one this year* I figured I'd throw a bbq party at my house. But now I'm a little nervous. This party has a theme.

It's tacky...it's a white trash birthday bash. I know, but it rhymes and that is fun by itself. Plus, this way I won't feel pressured to buy fancy/hip food & drinks. It invites low-key.


These are things I'm thinking of:

Cans of beer

Playing Washers


http://www.originalwashers.com/carpeted-washer-toss-game-set.shtml







Eating bad for me, but yummy food:





(seriously, I'm a little tempted b/c I'm sure there will be tasty ideas for the grill. Or I could just call my mom, I suppose thats an option too. She never met a recipe that couldn't be enhanced by more butter or ground beef.)





And wearing my jean shorts.

I tried in vain to convince people that these were indeed back in style and no one believed me. I've received the nickname of jorts for my support of these particular shorts. They are a little tacky, but what better way to use jeans that I'm not wearing anymore? Plus, it's hot in Houston, vanity goes out the window with 100+ temps and 90% humidity. {side note, I'll say it: This is a fab photo of me. I have a bosum and tiny waist. Another reason to like these particular shorts, they are magical}






I just sent the Evite - it's a month early, but it seems like there are already a couple things going on in August and I'd like folks to partake with me. I hate the time right after invitations go out.

What if people don't wanna/ can't come over that night?

What if people don't wanna play with my theme? This one requires at least some participation (bandanas, flip flops, Wbeaters, trying the boone's farm, etc)...
AND Music! I kinda want one of those monsters of rock power ballad cds now. You know, the one from the commercial that you make fun of, but know every word to? Music tends to set the tone for a party and I really want people to have a silly fun time.
Good think I'm planning early .. my mind is a-spinning!
-b-

**I guess it's a milestone. I turn 30. It seemed like a really big deal 5 years ago and now I'm kinda meh about the whole thing. I thought I would feel all moopy about the impending birthday, but I'm ready. 30 seems like a much better age than 20. I know stuff now and I have a better idea of what's important and what's just a distraction. **

2 comments:

  1. I think you're ROCKING those jorts, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, that sounds like an awesome party theme! I love theme parties. I threw myself a "Funeral Party" for my 30th birthday: everyone had to wear black, I decorated with black balloons and crepe paper and I served black licorice, black jelly beans, black tortilla chips and black bean salsa. And had black jello shooters. :D

    You look fabulously campy in those shorts. Just tell everyone you're being ironic.

    ReplyDelete