Monday, July 27, 2009

Blueberry Pie

I have the best neighbors ever. These lovelies watch our pets when we leave town...and they do it with LOVE. They make sure that each kittie gets petted and loved on each time they were checked on. They turn our porch light on at night and off in the morning. They cleaned kitty litter, even when we set out a bunch of boxes to avoid such an icky chore.


AND they brought me back 5 lbs of blueberries on their recent trip to Michigan. I wasn't sure what to do with such a large quantity, but a pie seemed in order.


This was my first attempt at a pie and I was super excited that I didn't fail. It was a ridiculously each recipe (seriously, it's like add some sugar, flour, and lemon to a premade crust), but I think I can still claim homemade. It was perfection. Ooey and gooey, with ripe bursting blueberries. The pie pan couldn't contain the tastiest and the pie overflowed (good thing I had another pan underneath).


I ate two pieces yesterday and plan to eat more this afternoon/evening. Mr. Moto ate a piece last night and once again for breakfast (blueberries are part of a healthy diet, yes?)


I froze some last night, but there is still a large amount left. I ate some with my cereal this morning and mixed them with other fruit for a snack at work. I thought about making jam, but haven't a clue on how to do that.


Any more ideas?

-b-

1 comment: