Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New Perspective

How are you with glasses? I go back and forth. Sometimes I wear my contacts everyday and sometimes I just wear my glasses. I seem to have eye wear moods.


Lately, I've been wearing a pair that I bought at least 4 years ago. The Rx is a little old, but I like the style of the glasses. A year ago, I bought new glasses and promptly hated them. They had the thick plastic side pieces which did look cool, but darn it if my head isn't cockeyed. Those stupid things never were straight on me. I was constantly fidgeting and trying to get them to line up properly.


So, I've been wearing the old pair AND lately I've been having insano headaches. I think an outdated Rx and computer glare is to blame. I broke down last week and bought new glasses. My insurance wouldn't cover it since I already bought contacts, so this was kinda spendy for me.

The new pair are supposed to be super cool with anti-glare magic on them. It's tough to tell from the photograph, but they are a navy blue metal frame. Fairly light & comfortable. And really, not too different in style from the old pair.
Here's a comparison.
Darn, I think my labeling turned out too small. Next time....

I think I like them....I'll use the work week as my test run on the fancy antiglare abilities.



-b-

1 comment:

  1. I think they are cutie patootie.
    Mine are only a little over a year old and I need new rx already but my lenses alone are over $650 and insurance doesn't cover any of it. (I wear trifocals and have a special rx because if I didn't I would have one GIANT lens and one skinny one) wah.

    ReplyDelete