Friday, July 24, 2009

Mental Health Day

I took a mental health day recently with a good pal of mine and we had a super duper blast. We sipped coffee, thrifted, ate a turkish lunch, got stuck in Sephoria for 1.5 hours (rain), and then had a beer all by 5pm! It was a fantastic day and I got to fulfill a want: Swatch watch!




Recently, Sal at Already Pretty http://www.alreadypretty.com/2009/07/already-prettypoll-back-to-future.html posed the question of what trends we'd like to relive. My vote was for swatch watches, they came in fun colors, were waterproof, and even had accessories (those little face protectors).



I've looked into buying a new one, but sheesh, they are $55. I guess that isn't too much if you're wearing it often, but I just wanted a silly weekend watch with color. $55 was too much.




On my mental health day I found a swatch. For $12! In its original case! I was pretty pumped. I got a battery today and am proudly wearing it.





BUT I can't take a photo for you today. I don't have my camera cord with me right now to show off my cool watch. Below is what it looks like, you'll have to pretend to see it on my wrist (worst.post.ever.)





ha! I just saw it on Ebay for $40. yeah for mental health days!

-b-

1 comment:

  1. I answered one of your questions on my blog!

    Can you shoot me your email so I can send you out a little something?

    xoxo
    Saucy

    ReplyDelete