Friday, September 4, 2009

Bottle Caps

For the last couple weeks I've been trying out a new (to me) charm: re-fashioned bottle caps. It's a lot of fun, I have an excuse to drink beer, I get to smash stuff with hammers, glue whatever designs I want onto them, and then use a bunch of glitter. Really, it's probably the most fun craft EVER. Here are some of my caps:

Before


After

Tough to tell, but the two caps on this necklace have Atlas holding up the world.

I've been sneaking these caps off the table while enjoying at the bar. I'm glad no one has noticed me grabbing caps and putting them in my pockets or purse. I have a little collection growing - much more than are shown in the photos.

It's the friday before a long wkd, and I gotta be honest - I'm just not up for the work thing today. ugh. But, I'm going to put in my headphones and chug along. One day, I can do it, right?

-b-

4 comments:

  1. Those are so neat! They remind me of Mardi Gras beads :o) Where do you find the pictures that you put in them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, these images are from the little mexican loteria cards http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loter%C3%ADa

    -b-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! They are adorable and you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh cool, I thought that's what they might be :o)

    ReplyDelete