Monday, September 28, 2009

Devil is in the details

Ahh, the details. They can add so much to an outfit and attitude with so little. Here is me in a semi-boring outfit last week:

But the details were interesting (if to no one else but me)

Boring, sedate tennis shoes for when my feet are tired:
Turned fun:

Pearl necklace that I fixed myself:

Blue shirt with flowers: (it's easier to see in the stock photo from NY&Co).

Um, yeah, scrunchie in hair. Not good, but I did think my morning laziness was humorous


Black nails (which I think looked better with the shadows from the blinds...ohh....creepy).

During the day, I also rocked the red lips. I should’ve reapplied before the photo, but I’m sure you can all pretend.

Seriously, I think I'm finally going to cut my hair! I haven't cut or trimmed it in a year. YEAR! That's some serious time. Usually I can last a while, but this was admittidly lazy of me. I once had a scheduled appt, but then there was a hurricane and well, I just never rescheduled. Everytime I thought about it, all of sudden my hair would look fabulous. Not anymore. It's tired and wants a trim.

I found a stylist, Gerri, (check her out here) that specializes in curly hair at a salon that three of my pals recommend. Three recommendations to a place is pretty good and I think this will be my first 'styling'. I usually hit up the Regis at the mall for my haircuts, but thought that an expert might be worth a little extra. I'm a little skeptical, but my friends that use the salon say that it isn't too spendy. I also saw reviews of this woman on Naturallycurly.com

Now i just have to cross my fingers when I call tomorrow morning that I can get an appt this week.


Last week was my first week of half-marathon “training”. I did alright. I overdid some days and underdid (? Is this even a word?) other days. This week will be a little off also, it’s the start of a new Co-ed soccer season at the Y and they were too late getting everything together. So instead of playing tonight, I'll play tomorrow. eh.

-b-

2 comments:

  1. yeah outfit AND painted nails! woo hoo I got forever between cuts too. I had gone a year then I cut it recently . Well more like evened it out and added layers in front. Mine grows SO slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunatly, I'll have to wait a little longer for the haircut. I don't even really want to change it much, just trim it back to life. But, since my mind is made up for a cut, I'm itchy to have it done right NOW.

    ReplyDelete