Monday, September 21, 2009

Blarg, it's monday...let's talk music to cheer up

ugh. Usually, I'm not one of those people that 'get the mondays', but this afternoon has been chock full of work annoyances (seriously, I'm thisclose to offing an engineer in my office, thisclose people!).


But, I'm listening to movie soundtracks today and that's getting me through it all....here are some of my favorites:




Moulin Rouge: Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could not love this one. I loved Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman in this movie. It was such a young-love type of romance in this movie. The Elton John covers were fab as were the costumes and dancing. Listen to samples on Amazon.





Love Actually: Yep, loved it. It's got songs from Kelly Clarkson, Dido, and Joni Mitchell. I adored the "Take me as I am" song. And I love love loved the movie's version of All You Need is Love by Lynden David Hall. Listen to samples on Amazon .




Happy Endings: I really enjoyed this movie, and the music was such an integral part of the story-telling. I think that Maggie Gyllenhaal has a really pretty voice and I liked her cover of "Just The Way You Are". We actually danced to this song at our wedding - it was our official song. That's how much I loved it. You can listen to a sample on Amazon.com




(500) Days of Summer: I just got this soundtrack on Friday from the library. Again, another movie where the music helps tell the story (and isn't just background noise). How can I not laugh when I listen to "You Make My Dreams"? All I imagine is Tom dancing around. You can listen to sample on Amazon.


Garden State: I liked the movie, didn't LOVE it, but I did love the soundtrack. I loved the use of Simon & Garfunkel's "The Only Living Boy In New York". Sometimes, that is just how you feel.

Listen to a sample of this song on amazon.



Dazed and Confused: I'm from Central Florida and pretty sure I listened to this stuff in the womb. My mom is full-on a fan of southern/classic rockn'roll and I was born without a choice. I dig man, i dig. Don't lie...after a listen, you'll admit that you do too. {Plus, how cute was Matthew McConaughey in this?}



Slumdog Millionaire: Just plain fun to listen to, with great beats and rhythm. It makes me hopeful and happy!


Oh, there are so many more loved soundtracks (snatch, chicago, Dave Chappelle's block party, Forest Gump...) But alas, it's a long list and I've got to get back to not maiming coworkers.
Hope you cheered up with me!
-b-

No comments:

Post a Comment