Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Results & Conclusion

Extra Birthday Money was spent yesterday. I went to the Galleria mall with intentions of actually looking in stores I don’t normally go into. It’s tough to buy from the normal mall stores (Gap, Lerner, etc) when I know that I can get the same items at Marshalls or a thrift store for a lot less.

So here’s the roundup:

I bought a fancy red lipstick. After wearing red last week and kinda liking it, I thought that it’d be nice to shop around for one that looks just right. I think I found it. At Saks. At D&G. eek. It was pricey, but I skipped the blush purchase so that money was applied to this. And I like the color. The name is 'devil'.

Since it was a Tuesday and they were clearly bored at the counter, they made up my whole face. Afterwards, I snuck off to the bathroom and took a photo while hiding in the corner.

There is some glare off the glasses, but I didn’t really want to be caught taking photographs of myself in the bathroom.

I cruised around Saks, but didn’t purchase anything. I just wanted to see what they had in store. Actually, I cruised around a lot of stores that I don’t normally, but besides the lipstick, I ended up buying stuff at a regular mall store. Go figure.

I bought two shirts from NYC & Co. I really liked the two items I bought and think that they’ll fit into my existing wardrobe easily. And they were on super sale, so I didn’t have any money guilt.
Shirt #1

Shirt #2


And I got my eyebrows threaded. I think they are too thin this time. I offer the following evidence:

Exhibit A: Photo from June posting of threading

Exhibit B: Photo from this morning.


I will try to fill them a little tomorrow and see how that looks.



Thats everything!



Later

b

6 comments:

  1. great red!
    I have WAY too many reds but I am always on the hunt for the "perfect" one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay red lipstick! I always stick to sheer neutral lip stuff, but on the rare occasion I wear something red, I get lots of compliments. Maybe I should try it more often... (Actually, my current obsession is this scrub/balm/lipstick, but the price online is drastically cut and they don't have it in stores anymore, so I wonder if they're not going to carry it?)

    I meant to ask whatever happened with your eyebrows when they were irritated. Last time I got mine done, the lady put a little lotion on as soon as she was finished, b/c she said I was looking a little red. I didn't have any irritation after that though. So maybe you need some lotion right away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to make bold lips my thing this fall/winter. It was pretty fun walking around all super made up last night. I wish I had something cool to do.

    Witch Hazel was the most common advice I got to avoid breaking out, so I applied some as soon as I got home. I kept makeup & lotion off the area today. I hope it helps...

    I'll probably report back if there are any problems.

    @Lola: What kind of lotion did the lady put on your eyebrows afterwards?

    -b-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was just a little bit of regular hand lotion, though I didn't really get a good look, but it came out of a pump bottle and she applied it with a cotton ball or q-tip. Witch Hazel is good for acne breakouts, but it can be drying, so if what you've got is more of a skin irritation than acne, I wonder if that will help any... Report back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started experimenting with red lipstick...I just got "Are you REDdy" and "Fire & Ice" One is from Mabelline...the other is L'Oreal, and I can't remember which color for which. I also have Shirt #1 in that blue, and also in black! I love that it has a great skoopneck so you can layer, and also the longer sleeves that cover up the undesirable upper arm flab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I just got a similar flowery tee (well, actually 2 because I liked it so much).

    I go on and off with red lipstick - it definitely makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete