Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Avon

This year is the first time I’ve really been exposed to Avon. A coworker of mine sells it and a couple women here are regular customers. We compare products we’ve tried, what we like and what we don’t. I figured I’d include y’all.

At one point I was considering these

Yeah, they are denim leggings and some find that offensive from the get-go, but I like the idea of them under dresses in the winter (or super long sweaters that aren't quite dresses). I thought that denim legging would prevent wintertime jean-induced poochy-belly. Erin at Workwithwhatyou’ve got had tried them and said they were awful. I nixed that purchase as she has tried several pairs of denim leggings and seems wise in their ways.

Has anyone else tried their clothing? Here are some things I’m considering, but I’m not sure if I want to make the leap.

Slimwear black dress:

Not so much because it is slimwear, but that’s the neckline I like. But $39.99 for an Avon dress? Not sure of the quality and fit.

Booties:

These are adorable, but not real leather and 3 inches high (which could be too high for my daily wear). Not sure if their shoes are decent, crummy, good steals, etc….And technically I own 2-3 pairs of tall brown boots, why would I need booties?

Since I’m asking your thoughts, here are my thoughts about some of their products.

Mineral Lipstick: Feels great on my lips, never drying, but super light color. I think I have the Coral one.

Magix face perfector: Love the clear formula! It doesn’t perform magic, but does seem to eliminate some shine and make my skin look better.

Magix face perfector compact: HATED it. I swear it gave me super shiny skin. I returned this one. I thought it was the same formula as above, but for some reason my skin didn’t react the same way to this product. Ick.

True Color Eyeshadow Quad: I really like mine! The colors are nice and don’t seem to disappear after a couple hours. I think i have the sandy corals quad.

LiivBotanicals line: I have 4 of these products (serum, eye cream, day lotion, and scrub) and really like them. I’ve been using them for about a month and my skin has looked nice, even without makeup. The website says that the day lotion is fragrance free, but I think it has a unique plant-y smell. I could see some people not liking it, but I like it.


That's my little avon roundup. So far their products seem reasonabley priced and pretty decent quality. Do you have any favorites?

3 comments:

  1. I have tried their clothes. I actually sell Avon.

    I think they Avon clothes run a tish big but the Mark stuff runs small.

    The face perfecter is WONDERFUL. I say its as good as smashbox's primer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sell Avon too. I have to say, most of their clothes I have been surprised by the quality. I have a little black dress I got years ago and it still looks great.

    I haven't used either myself, but everyone I know who's tried the Magix loves it, and all the mineral makeup sells great.

    ReplyDelete