Friday, September 11, 2009

Necklaces and red lips

I had a party a couple of weeks ago, and overheard a girlfriend talking about my bathroom (that tiny little thing) and the heaps of necklaces I had in there. I, of course interrupted, and said "What are you talking about, I don't think it's a lot. Plus that isn't my entire collection. There are more. Much much more...."

Turns out that she took a photo of that set of my necklaces and included it in her party pics album.

It's at a weird angle, but really, it doesn't seem excessive to me at all. There are 12 hooks on each holder and I bet each hook has between 2-4 necklaces. I mean, I wear a necklace everyday, I need variety. right?

Plus, I end up making most of them ... so it counts as both entertainment and fashion (like that rationalization?) Here's a peek at my supplies.






I was organizing my stuff last weekend and think it might be wise to lay off the bead buying for a couple weeks (at least). Otherwise I'll have to buy more containers. I'm already up to 8 and they are pretty chock full of fun stuff!

____________
Unrelated: I busted out some red lipstick this week. I never wear red, and will admit that this particular color was from the NYC makeup collection ($0.99). It was pretty fun to wear it and I may actually purchase a decent red lipstick. This one didn't stay on long and was really drying on my lips. I thought the color was pretty though. Here's a ubiquitous lipstick photo:









Hope you have a great weekend. We're gearing up for rain, Rain, RAIN! in the Houston area. It could be deluge...good thing I still have a library book and some Netflix at home.

-b-

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way, I have a ton because I make them myself a lot. And I don’t think it seems excessive TO US, but I bet it does to “normal” people. You know?

    And the red lips look good. Try lipbalm under the lipstick and a wee bit of power on top and it should last better without drying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to weed out my jewelry periodically. I have a huge bunch of stuff on top of my dresser right now...I'm not sure what to do with it, though!

    I love your red lipstick! It's a great look for you. Definitely invest in a good quality one (and don't forget a lipliner pencil to help stop the colour from bleeding).

    ReplyDelete