Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Threading: oh no, problem

I recently had my eyebrows & upper lip (it's embarassing to say, but whatever) re-threaded and have run into problems. The actual hair removal went well and I'm nicely shaped.

But I have BUMPS! They kind of look like pimples, but not really?? IDK. There are some over my eyebrow area and some at the corners of my upper lip. It's terrible. I'd rather have some blonde hairs than pimples.

I don't know if I made a mistake before/after threading....
anyone know what i need to do?

I'm def. not posting a photograph of this one....consider yourselves spared!

-b-

3 comments:

  1. well this won't help you at this moment but Avon makes a pad that you can rub on places you had hair removal and soothe the area. I think one of the ingredients is witch hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Did they pop up as soon as they were finished working on you, or did they appear a day or so later? If you got them right after the threading, I would guess it's some kind of temporary irritation. If they developed later, maybe ingrown hairs? (But either way, how disappointing! I thought threading was supposed to be awesome because your skin doesn't react.) Maybe it was something about the type of thread she used..? Do you have any allergies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They popped up a couple days later. I tend to have sensitive skin, so I'm a little puffy afterwards but only for a halfhour/hour.

    I do have allergies too.

    hmm....I'll probably talk to the lady about it next time and try to see what Avon has or try plain old witch hazel (based on internet research).

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete