Friday, August 7, 2009

Knotting & 1st Outfit post

Oh boy! I learned a new, simple, beading skill last night: knotting.

When I stopped by my awesome local bead shop on Monday for the swarovski beads, the owner (Jim) invited me to hangout on Thursday night. And so that's what I did last night. I hung out with a couple other folks at the bead shop. It was laid back and very creatively stimulating to see what others work on. No two people were working on the same thing.

Jim taught me how to knot last night and I was able to repair a previously busted pearl necklace. Here is it:



Ahh, precious!











Up close view of the knots holding pearls in place.


















Prepare to see a lot of this type of thing in the future. I bought more nylon thread and I'm excited to try other things.

The pearl necklace determined by outfit this morning and inspired my first actual outfit post:




shirt: Bitten, actually thrifted
Skirt: Target, bought from Fallas Peredes*
Shoes: Steve Madden, ghetto dillards









I'm not loving my first outfit post...I couldn't find a good place for the camera today and kept cutting off my head. Just to prove I have a head, here ya go:




(Plus, my threading related breakout is finally going down)

You can't tell from this angle, but is a bumpit in there! Promise it's cute from the side.

* I don't know if this is just a Houston chain, but it's an interesting place. Kinda crummy and discouraging at first look, but a good place to find cheap basics. This skirt was $1.99. Yeah, I bought two.*

Have a great weekend with all of your fun hobbies!

-b-

1 comment:

  1. I love the necklace! Bravo. And the outfit is adorable too. :)

    ReplyDelete