Monday, August 10, 2009

sweetheart necklines: help

I bought this shirt on a whim at goodwill...it's originally a F21 shirt. In general, I don't like to buy this brand secondhand b/c it's usually not too much more to just buy thier stuff brand new.


'm in love with this shirt. It didn't photograph the way I imagine it in my head..so you'll have to trust that it's actually quite fabulous. The neckline is really flattering on me and I'm determined to find more. But I'm having a tough time finding them.


It is a "sweetheart neckline" right?
Anyone have mad online shopping skillzzz that will point me to more like this. I've found Polyvore and searched a couple stores (including the store of orgin-f21), but I'm not really findign much like this. I'm finding a lot of tube tops and dresses.
Maybe I should search sweethear neckline and cap sleeves?

-b-

3 comments:

  1. Yup, I would call that a sweetheart neckline. From Wikipedia:
    sweetheart necklines (side edges linear, curved bottom edge concave down) these have a curved bottom edge that is concave don and usually doubly scalloped to resemble the top half of a heart. The side edges often converge on the neck, similar to halter necklines. Sweetheart necklines accentuate the bosom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweetheart. I gotta be honest they are hard to come by in affordable stores. This is also my best neckline and its kinda elusive. In some more spendy designers you will find it more often. nanette lepore does it a lot. (You can always get her on a good sale too) F21 has it now and again too.
    I find it doesn't accentuate my chest more I find it more showcases my neck and collarbone. V neck is the real OMG LOOK AT MY CHEST neckline on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanette Lepore? I haven't really looked at her stuff until today. Very pretty and just girly enough that it seems flattering without being IN YOUR FACE.

    ReplyDelete