Friday, August 7, 2009

Formatting Assistance?

Can any other bloggers help me with formatting?

I'm having a really difficult timing with paragraph spacing in my posts due to photos. It seems like whatever I type after a photograph has goofy formatting.

I'm writing in the "compose" part of blogger and then I "preview" my post. Somehow when I publish it, everything changes. WTF?!?! I'll write a post, and then spend another 1/2 hour fussing over the spacing. It's really frustrating me this week.

I'm also going to check out any help features on the webpage, but thought you all might know some tricks.

THANKS
-b-

3 comments:

  1. I don't use Blogger for my main blog, and when I do use it I edit in HTML mode, but I think the problem is that you're using the left or right align for your photo, correct? And then writing your caption, going to the next line, and inserting your next picture the same way. The problem in this case is that when you left or right align the next picture, it will put the picture lower wherever there is enough room (since all the room on that line is still taken up with the first picture), but your text caption will appear next to the first photo, because there was enough room there to squeeze in the caption. Does that make sense? (I'm bad at explaining stuff...)

    So probably the easiest way to avoid this problem is to center align your photos, and put your caption either on the line above or the line below the picture.

    Let me know if you want some more info or examples... but hopefully that was understandable :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what she said!! I hate when I have problems with my blog, so frustrating!! Hope it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I centered it today instead of left/righting it and it helped to keep things in thier proper place!

    ReplyDelete