Friday, October 23, 2009

Weekend plans

It's beautiful in Houston right now. Which is awesome, but also means that I have to do housework this weekend. There are so many house-tasks that just plain can't be done during most times because it's too damn hot in Houston. No excuse this weekend - it's freakin' lovely.

Not sure what I'll tackle this weekend. Do you remember my window bars? I'm thinking that I'll finally strip the rusted paint and start to repaint. I bought the supplies in the spring but never did it. They are a little tacky to start with, and look much worse with rusted paint. Not sure how I can make this not mind-numbing....radio for sure.


I also have a halloween-related craft that I'd like to make this weekend, but I haven't figured out the best way to do it. The challenge: recreate Beyonce's crazy metal glove.....








Source

Any ideas?


-b-

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... the glove seems like a project for the hardware store. Maybe do something with little pipes or metal connector pieces of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried looking last night, but nothing in hardware struck my imagination. I'm going to try a couple ideas, but may settle with just a silver glove...

    ReplyDelete