Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin carving


I think I’ve said it before, but I’m really thankful that in the last year I’ve met an awesome bunch of girls. One example of their awesome-ness is the monthly Ladies Night In. This month was my turn to host and the theme was PUMPKIN CARVING.

I don’t know what is more fun than eating with friends, drinking wine and getting stabby with a pumpkin.

My pumpkin was a stunning white number (rare for TX, guess I didn't go local in this purchase):
*tough to see in the dark against a purple shirt, but I'm wearing my shell necklace. You can see it better if you click to enlarge*


I don't know why, but I was genuinely surprised that it was orange inside. I've never seen a white pumpkin, let alone carved one.

This is a group shot from the night. I was impressed with the variety and knife wielding skills.



What will your pumpkin look like?
Are you a tracer or do you freehand? I have a tough time carving designs that I think up, so I usually stick to a modified tracing.

-b-

2 comments:

  1. say the word pumpkin in front of my mother and she will tell you the story of be gagging as I carved a pumpkin at a birthday party when I was 12.

    So I avoided it until the past few years.
    here is last years
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/2984947969_e90fa0c7c4.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered adding my photograph of the pile of inside ookiness, but thought better of it.

    I like your last year's pumpkins, especially the wonky eyes!

    ReplyDelete