Thursday, October 22, 2009

Craft time

I went on a huge crafting spree a week or so ago and never got around to posting. I made so many fun little things…with Halloween coming up, there were a lot of skulls.

These are earrings I made for each of the girls that came to my pumpkin carving night.

I have extras …want a pair? Shoot me an email at ramurray{at}hotmail.com with your address.

I made these for myself (hey I already have a pair of the skull only). I made a big circle using wire, then went back over it with a thinner wire and smaller beads. They are pretty fun earrings (clickable for closeup).
I also made these skull earrings. The skulls are carved wooden beads.


A NON-Skull item is this beautiful pearl necklace.

I loved the color of these, not too light and not too dark purple. I made this for a girlfriend that just announced her pregnancy. It’s too early to know if she’s having a girl or boy, so I thought I would give her something just for her as a mom. Moms deserve to look pretty and I thought the purple would compliment her skin.

Before my trip to Florida, I made one of these necklaces for each girl. You may recall this necklace is hanging from my dining room light!



The beads around the light were originally in 5 strands (one for each girl) when I decided that they would look good combined and hung from the light.

I came back a week later and made 5 new necklaces. I love these glass beads. They were super inexpensive from Joannes (I think $5 for a one POUND bag and then it was buy 1 get 1 or something like that). They make great necklaces b/c no two beads are the same and at least one bead in the necklace will pick up colors from your outfit. No brainer jewelry!
Remember to let me know about the skull earrings. I don't know how many pairs I had leftover or what colors, but I'll send what I have.
-b-

6 comments:

  1. LOVE those skull earings!!! too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, the wooden skulls are particularly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are beautiful pieces! I especially love the last necklace... it could go with so many different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies...I'm trying to figure out what else I can use the glass beads to drape. I still have a jar full of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!~ That last necklace is STUNNING. Love it.

    ReplyDelete