Monday, November 9, 2009

While not running

As I've said before, I'm offiically in my training period for the 1/2 marathon in January. October was 'eh', I did pretty well with keeping up - except that my foot hurt for a while and I didn't want to aggrevate it and work out. Turns out that I just needed a new pair of shoes. hmm. go figure. To make myself accountable, here is what October looked like:

The check marks are days that I accomplished my set goal, the red lines are days I missed. This weekend I skipped out on my long run (supposed to be 6 miles) and had fun with other things:


I had beer with pals on Friday night. It's been so nice out lately that celebratory beers to the weather have been plenty the last couple weeks. yea for fall!



On Saturday, Mr. Moto and I woke up earlyish and did yard work. No photo of me doing yard work, but here's a photograph of a fat ole monarch caterpiller munching on the aptly named Butterfly weed:


Since we finished the yard work quickly, we went and had some fun in the afternoon. We played like tourists and went to the San Jacinto Monument. I had been before, but the elevator to the top was in repair at the time and my husband has never been.


Its frickin hugely tall and proudly touts itself as larger than the Washington Monument. So very Texan of it!

Here is my view from the top: HELLO HOUSTON!!!!


We were extra touristy and had dinner in Kemah after riding the Boardwalk Bullet:

Its a wooden coaster and was AWESOME to ride. I think we both forgot how much fun a roller coaster is, and this one was even better with the slightly wobbly wood. Super fun.

Sunday was soccer, soccer, soccer! It started with a personal game at nine (we stunk, lost, and I was bummed). But then we went to watch the Dynamo during thier semifinals game...and we won 1-0 in overtime. It was exhausting to watch with all the anticipation.


After watching that game, we followed it up by eating seafood and watching LA Chivas take on LA Galaxy. Mr. Beckham's team won 1-0...again, a lot of anticipation in this game.


Then it was all over and we were pooped.

Hope you all had great weekends!


-b-

1 comment:

  1. that caterpillar pic is awesome! your whole weekend sounds like a blast :)

    ReplyDelete