Thursday, November 12, 2009

As seen in Houston

This post is for my Dallas bloggy pals. We saw this shirt last weekend at the Dynamo soccer game.

Those of you outside Texas may not know about the (absolutely ridiculous) rivalry between Houston and pretty much every other city. Since I'm not Houston-born I don't really get it, but am amused.


In regards to Austin: They have a city slogon that you see all over when visiting "keep austin wierd"

Houston's response (as seen on at least one bumper sticker ): "keep austin 170 miles from Houston" Ouch!
Why the aggression Houston? Are we going to threaten to secede from the state that threatened to secede from the Union?
-b-

3 comments:

  1. WHAT? I was raised in Houston and live in Dallas and I have never heard of this. How strange. Is it a newish thing? Because I've lived in Dallas maybe 12 years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I hear anti-Dallas stuff all the time. Ok, not everyday, but it's not unheard of.

    Maybe I just have houston-biased pals?hmm...But I didn't know the guy in the above shirt. And if there was one tshirt, I assume that there had to be more, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I don't know if I totally knew it was a movement against other cities but I do immediately do a facial scowl when anything is mentioned about Dallas. I just thought it was my personal observations...I need to find one of these t shirts! LOL

    ReplyDelete