Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hoot Hoot

Guess WHO was hanging out in my garage last night?

Give up?

This little Screech Owl.

It was nutty, I guess he flew in when I came home last night because about 5 mintues later I heard one of the cats meowing weirdly in the garage. When I checked it out, I saw him trying to avoid the cat.

It took forever to get him to leave the garage. I was by myself and one person isn’t enough to shoo an owl out. He flew and landed all over the garage, but refused to go out the open door.


I called neighbors, friends nearby, and then finally called a coworker that we’re friends with – at around 10:30pm. {I knew for a fact that he went out that night, so I was betting that he was still awake when I called.} Thankfully, he came over and with two of us armed with brooms we returned my little buddy to the great outdoors.

The entire time I kept wondering if owls were good or bad luck. The owl was kind of freaking me out because he just kept staring at me. At all times. Creepy.

People/cultures tend to have a view one way or the other. Some say that they are definitely bad luck, but some say they are definitely good luck. Check this out. My husband is from New Mexico and it's common to associate them with witches, that is what he told me while I'm home ALONE.

Hopefully this little dude was good luck*, because he got an eyeful of me and hung around for a while (owl fiasco ’09 took at least 2 hours).

Here’s to 2010!!


-b-
*I could take a Harry Potter stance and just think that he wanted to deliver some mail for me*

No comments:

Post a Comment