Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions recap

New year resolutions. These are tricky every year. You always want to improve, be a better person and I’m no different. I want to be better. But how? What will I really change with each year? Last year I had three resolutions:

1. Take a self-defense course.


Did this one! In January no less. It was helpful in that it made me more aware of my surroundings and gave me some confidence that I could fend off an attacker.

This was our safety jump! We were ready to take on the world.

Which reminds me, this is probably something good to do each year.


2. Sign up for Spanish classes.

Um. Nope. Didn’t do this one. Lo siento. Looked it up, but never signed up. I took Spanish in highschool and really wanted to take a course so that I could talk to people when we travel. We’ve traveled somewhere Spanish-speaking three years in a row and each time I can kind of understand people, but when I attempt to respond – I butcher the language. So instead, I'm a lam-O and rely on my husband to talk to people and translate back & forth. Three years running.

3. Create an Etsy store.

I decided against this one about halfway through the year. I was all geared up about it, but I’m pretty attached to my stuff and I guess a giant wimp. I didn’t want to put my stuff out there and then people don’t buy it. Or don’t like it as much as I do. And the idea of making stuff without knowing the person seemed a little funny. When I’m making a necklace, I’m usually thinking of the person I’m making it for.

So this year. 2010. What will I work on, learn, or achieve? I need to think it over, maybe tomorrow I'll have some ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I find the selling stuff thing so hard. If people buy it I am sad to let it go. If people don't buy I feel like it wasn't good enough.

    I feel ya on the Spanish. I can sort of understand but couldn't even begin to respond.

    ReplyDelete