Friday, January 22, 2010

I did it!!

I did it! I did the Houston Half-Marathon last weekend and didn't die!

I was soo soo soo nervous about it this year due to a severe training deficit. But I did it, had a blast, and even had a decent time.

We forgot the camera, but if you want to see a pic - click this link to brightroom. (I think I'm going to buy two of the photos, they are expensive, but how many times do you get photographs while running 13.1 miles??)

This was my second half and it made a difference knowing what to expect. Last year I was completely freaked out by the number of people running. It's overwhelming to go from running by yourself to being surrounded by tens of thousands. This year I was able to have fun being surrounded by everyone. And instead of running at others' pace, I held to my own this year.

I did the run in 2 hours and 24 minutes - only two minutes slower than last year! Not too shabby.

And I ran in the skirt

I guess I get to put my 13.1 bumper sticker on my car now, right?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! That's awesome! I actually signed up to run a half marathon once and then I totally wimped out. ha.

    ReplyDelete