Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1/2 Marathon Confirmation


It's official. I'm running 13.1 miles on January 17th. I got my entry confirmation today along with my packet pickup information.

I'm so nervous, I had horrible dreams about it last weekend. Way too much anxiety about doing this. It's because I didn't train as much as I planned. Being sick for so long really took a toll.

Despite the dream and nervousness, I did jog 9 miles last weekend. It was my longest training run and probably my slowest. But I did it and didn't feel like total crude afterwards. That made me a little more hopeful (and ensured a much better night's sleep).

I was hoping to do another mid-length jog this week, but there is supposed to be an Arctic blast here (seriously, they are talking in the teens. That is REDUNKULOUS for Houston). And then we have a friend's wedding this weekend that will occupy a lot of time.

My 3-4 at the Y on the treadmill will have to suffice. I'm hoping to download some more music to my mp3 player in anticipation - any recommendations?

-b-

No comments:

Post a Comment