Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Idle hands

Oh hoo..it’s about to get chilly in Houston and people are FREAKING out. For real, people have only talked today about the weather. I think we’re supposed to reach the 20s for a couple days. That’s the part that has everyone a twitter…several days of below freezing.

For those of you in a place that has an actual winter, this does seem genuinely un-fun. So many layers. So much closed-toe shoe wearing. So much hat-hair.

So, yeah, I prepped for it too. By picking up my crochet needle!

I haven’t done crochet in probably 3-4 years. I used to like it, but really only knew how to do two stitches and can only make scarves (or smallish blankets that are really just a big scarf). Plus the repetitive counting made me a little buggy….

Which is why it was perfect for a very frustrating Monday night and then a Tuesday watching football. Got my mind off things and I have something to show for my time.

I made a little neck warmer thingy…nothing big or fancy, but I was proud of my first jump back.

And now I have something cute to wear with all the COLD.



BTW Can I give myself a little love? Besides the lipstick I put on for the photo, I totally forgot to put on makeup today. And it looks pretty good. Not sure if I had a magical camera moment, but it looks okay, right?
Is this just what happens when you aren’t sweating most of the day?
The mystery of seasons!
-b-

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I can barely barely crochet, but I canNOT do anything even remotely fancy like your pretty scarf! The blue is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete