Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Internets whoppee do!

Hey guess what?


I'm BAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKK.


I got a killer little mini Dell, wireless connection, and even dragged out the sewing machine to make a fab computer case.





Seriously, I'm pretty proud that I made this without crumbling into tears or swearing like a sailor (there were some tense moments at the end though). I used quilting batting to pad the bag and I think it'll work, it's not exactly tough but it'll protect from scratches.



I even made a pouch for the cord - this was my first time trying a zipper and it presented a definate challenge to my very basic sewing skills. It took much more time than I think it would take anyone else, but eh, my husband was out of town and this was more fun than watching tv.


Here's what I'll look like if I cruise around town with my new stuff.



Now I'll be able to rejoin the conversation from almost anywhere! I can't wait to catch up with everyone!!!

-becca-

3 comments:

  1. Awesome bag! The pattern is fantastic! And I love that you made a pouch for your cord :o) Yes, zippers are a huge pain. I've sewn like 5 in my entire sewing career. I just kind of figured it out on my own, but there's got to be an easier way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable, and I love that you made a cord pouch, that is genius!

    ReplyDelete