Tuesday, March 16, 2010

seriously?

I get daily emails from 6pm.com about their deals of the day and while I normally peak and move along, today's caught my eye.


Trina Tarantino on sale. Never heard of her, but in case you haven't noticed - I'm kinda of a collector of the costume jewelry so a sale on accessories catches my eye.


Holy bejebus, the stuff on sale was pretty eh, but most noticeably pretty GD expensive. I consider myself an amateur beader, but really, I can do this.

Here are some examples:

Barbie heart bracelet for $56. There are some swarovski crystals and glass pearls, but $56 as a sale price seems excessive for something you could throw together from thrift store barbie bits.

Toyko Hardcore hoop earrings for $40. Not bad, actually I think they are pretty cute and might copy the design - but I'm not sure how they are $40. Maybe it's the crystal?





Buddha necklace was the most offensive to me. $112. I can make that for ya in about 30mins, and the only unique component I see is the buddha (hidden in this photo, but check it out on the link).


So, what am I missing? I can see that the pieces are creative, but I wouldn't say that it's anything above work being sold on Etsy. The materials are nice, but not spectacular.


I don't get it...cute, but too pricey!
-b-

1 comment:

  1. she is pretty popular. She makes sparkly stuff for celebrities. She also is adorable and has pink hair. I can't afford her stuff that's for sure. She made a lot of stuff for dancing with the stars like headpieces for Kelly Osborne and Debi mazar

    ReplyDelete