Thursday, December 3, 2009

70s coed style + snow

I found this dress a couple of weeks ago (thrifted Ann Taylor)... i love that it makes me think of 70s coed away at college. I just wish there were some fallen leaves or autumnal trees I could have posed by!


I also wish I didn't stand that way: slightly turned with my arm so close to my body ...it all blends into one with the pattern and I look kinda wider than I prefer :)

If you click the photos, you can see closeups of the pattern and my sweet earrings from Erin. Check them out more in this or this post.

Here is what I wore to/from heated places. It was actually pretty chilly for me yesterday and my sweater was not enough for the actual temperatures. I know I shouldn't complain, but guess what - Houston is predicted to get snow tomorrow.


It snowed last year and was a BIG deal for us. It was only one night, so a pal and I raced downtown and went ice-skating in the park*. I've never skated in the snow before, it was really neat and I had a ridiculous amount of fun that night.



To top it off, I was on the nightly news that night starring as a giant dork. I seriously sounded like such a cornball, but I suppose it was the novelty of the whole evening. But my hat looked cute, right? I bought it from Bondagetea's etsy site last year. She has more too, check them out.
You know, that was only my fifth time to see it snow.
I've seen it snow twice in Houston, once in Orlando, once in New Mexico, and once in Colorado. Tomorrow could be big number 6! whoppee-do!
-b-

*The skate rink is obviously temperature controlled, that would never actually occur down here.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I love your hat - I had one like it in high school but it was way less cute, just some cheap thing from Hot Topic or something!

    ReplyDelete