Friday, June 26, 2009

Threading

I have pretty light eyebrows and for the last couple of years have made a point of not really plucking (except for in the middle). I was pretty scarred from all the years of overplucking that I wanted to let my eyebrows grow and get back to a more natural state. And I sneeze a lot when I pluck. It's annoying to pluck, blow nose, pluck, blow nose...



But, while taking the bumpit pics I was APPALLED at my crazy wonky eyebrows. They looked outta control. So I took action. I got them threaded. Do you know about threading? http://www.batoolsalon.net/index.html




It's basically someone with twirled up string that runs it over your hair. As it twirls, it pulls out hair. It felt a lot like plucking, so yes, I was a little sneezy and it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world. But it's over much much faster.

Here's a before and after:

That's a pretty good improvement. I don't know what the deal is with that one pocket of hair that insists on growing straight up, but the threading made it a lot less noticable. She didn't take too much off, just cleaned me up.

So, I can thank the bumpits for giving me fab lazy-day hair and encouraging me to wrangle in those brows.

-b-

4 comments:

  1. The after looks great!!!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog! I do like my curly hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astounding results! My friend Pepper gets threaded but I am a plucker and I've started getting Loopy waxed to prevent the temptation to pluck herself lest she become and over-plucker.

    So, did you feel like you would sneeze?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did feel like I would sneeze. But since the threader lady was so close, I was able to hold back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just found you via your comment on "Work With What You've Got" (Erin's blog). I just got my eyebrows threaded recently, too! Love the results :o)

    ReplyDelete