Monday, June 29, 2009

Cheap Music

Pandora + Library = smiles while rocking out.

Pandora has to be the greatest thing on the Internet. Love it! But, if I want to take those songs with me, I have to pay. Don't love that. I've found that the local library is the perfect compliment to pandora.

I live in Houston, no surprise that a big city would have big library resources and lots of choices. My favorite part is that I can reserve CDs and have them delivered to my local branch. Where I quickly borrow them and burn to my computer (all the while giggling). Thus far, the library has provided every CD I can imagine. Old, new, blues, dance, EVERYTHING.

I'm not cool enough to have an ipod (I don't commute and although I jog, i mostly listen to the regular radio). Where all this free music comes in handy is at work. I'm one of those folks easily distracted by phone calls, people walking by, and hallway conversations. Basically, I'm distracted by all the normal things that occur in an office. My office also happens to be very social, which is great for everything except actually getting work done.

By listening to music, I can zone all of that out and focus more on whatever task I'm doing.

which reminds me, I have a 400+ report to review today....
I think I'll start with mellow music for a monday

-b-

No comments:

Post a Comment