Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Kick!


So I just returned to the office after a lunchtime bootcamp-like class. I’m kinda sweaty and gross, but okay with that. I do environmental work, though I'm inside 95% of my time, and people are used to seeing folks in my dept without markeup
 
Last year I was trying to squeeze in more exercise for a work activity-challenge. It was one of those challenges where you track all of your active time. We were supposed to reach for something like 200 minutes each week, which breaks down to about 30 minutes a day… and the first couple of weeks, I couldn’t reach that goal. I felt like I didn’t have 200 minutes a week to spare. 30 minutes of working out meant at least 30 minutes away from my kiddo/family. And I didn’t want to do that.

 I had another coworker in the same boat, and that’s when we decided that we could do something during work. We found a trainer who would do 30 minute small group classes for us and more than a year later – we are still doing it!

 It’s pretty fun. There are only 5-6 of us doing it and it varies as each person’s schedule varies. The woman instructing us used to be BIG into taekwondo & is currently a Beach Body coach that does all of their videos – so we end up with a really well rounded workout that isn’t the same day to day.

 
I don’t know why I’m typing all of this up, but whatever, I can write what I want here!

No comments:

Post a Comment